Martin Luther King Junior resources are here! Just click and go. Engage your intermediate-grade students with multimedia materials. This set includes a close-captioned video that chronicles the life of Dr. King, a three-page informational text, audio and text versions of his “I Have a Dream Speech,” quotes, a craft, and a link to a teacher site packed with resources.
Martin Luther King Junior Resources – Biography
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr: Biography for Children (saved with Safeshare.tv) – This six-minute close-captioned video from Free School was designed especially for children. It explains his life and includes brief clips of two speeches.
Martin Luther King, Junior – A three-page text explains the life of Dr. King. Use the down arrow to download.
Martin Luther King Junior Resources – Speeches & Quotes
“I Have a Dream” – American Rhetoric offers a high quality audio file (16 minutes) of Dr. King’s speech, as well as the complete text. Scroll down on the page to find these resources.
USA Today reported the “10 most tweeted Martin Luther King Junior quotes” in January of 2016:
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?”
- Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King Junior Resources – Crafts
Martin Luther King Day Kirigami Peace Circle (saved with Safeshare.tv) – In less than three minutes, this video from Origami for Kids shows how to create a circular paper chain of children holding hands.
More Martin Luther King Junior Resources
Education World provides a boatload of Martin Luther King Day resources. Check it out!
Each month of 2017, I’ll publish a free document with Five Fabulous Classroom Clickables. Click here for the January version, which features many of the links above as a PDF. Follow my Teachers Pay Teachers store to be notified as more are posted.
Would you like a set of printable materials? Try Martin Luther King, Junior Text, Timelines, Cause/Effect, Quotes, and More!